Thursday, May 26, 2022

In Florence

The first time we were in Florence in 2017 I had my eyes on a leather bag but I didn't buy it. I did today! Just a little one a purse for evenings out. And I bought a notebook a nice soft leather notebook it almost lays flat I bought it from the Leonardo museum what a cool place--


Yesterday we did 14,000 steps and the David! We weren't originally going to visit Florence because number one it's north of Castiglion Florentino and number two we were here before.
But, I read the book oil and marble it was recommended by one of our Geeks On Tour members and I am so glad. I loved that book, and I learned so much about Michelangelo and his carving of the David that I wanted to see the real thing. We didn't bother last time we were here

As long as we were there, Jim said let's go to the Leonardo museum too! I'm so glad! It was an interactive museum of all of Leonardo's inventions I was particularly enamored at the bridge building exhibit where you could build a bridge simply by laying logs with notches no ropes nails or other method of connecting.  Just by positioning the logs in an over under pattern the bridge was sturdy. You can buy a kit on Amazon.



In Florence we stayed at another hostel two blocks from the train station close to everything else and it even had a Spa we made a reservation one afternoon we had a sauna a shower and a big hot tub all to ourselves with a window viewing over the Duomo in Florence Italy wow 


The Spa at our Hostel - window overlooking Florence

Breakfast at our hostel in Florence. Hostel Archi Rossi

So, why did we go to Florence when we had limited time, and we'd already been there in 2017? Because I read the book Oil and Marble and I just had to see the real deal - Michelangelo's David. You have to make reservations for a tour in order to get it. We didn't bother last time.



No comments: