Well, it's been 5 days since I wrote my "daily" post. Oh well.
It's been a very nice week actually. On Monday I started a new project - interviewing my fellow Toastmasters from Earlybird Toastmasters club. I started with Kip Barkley - you can see the interview video here.
On Tuesday, I drove up to West Palm Beach to spend some time with my sister-in-law Debbie doing my favorite thing, helping with technology questions. She had a list! What kind of new phone to get, understanding her password manager, the best way to manage an old and a new email address, how to get her vaccination card in an easily located digital format, and of course, some Google Photos issues. Such fun. I'm not sure I really helped anything, but we had a nice time.
Then Wednesday was a double-hitter. Breakfast with Blake - the husband of my longest friend, Lanz, who passed away a couple years ago. We're so happy to be staying in touch with Blake. Breakfast was non-stop conversation and laughter long after the food was gone. Then at happy hour time we had a zoom call with Don and Kim our most well-traveled friends. They just got back from 2 months on a self-drive boat in France. We had considered joining them, but it didn't happen. The last we saw them was RVing and hiking in Wyoming. They live in Prescott, AZ so Zoom is the only way to get together now. It was so natural that the computer screens just seemed to melt away and it was like we were actually in the same room, at a table or the bar chatting and drinking wine. We love hearing about their travels and their travel plans.

No comments:
Post a Comment