Sunday, December 19, 2021

Haircut and masks

 When we lived on the road, I never went to the same hair salon twice. I've had haircuts in Shipbottom, New Jersey, Casa Grande, AZ, Gold Beach, OR, Austin, TX and Goshen, Indiana - just to name a few! I was always afraid of the cut I would get so I put it off as long as I could. My RVing friend, Lynne called it "hairdresser roulette"!

Once we settled in Fort Lauderdale, I found a hairdresser I like and I ONLY go to her! In addition to getting the haircut I like, I learn a little about the life of a hair salon owner. When Covid shut down her shop, she used the time to gut, clean, and remodel the shop. Brilliant. Thanks to the government Covid relief for small businesses - called Paycheck Protection Program - she was able to pay her staff enough that they could survive and all of them came back when she reopened her doors. Everyone wore masks until the vaccine came out and things were a bit more relaxed. Masks were optional for most of 2021. It is sad and disturbing that when I went yesterday and the mask requirement is back. Due to the more infectious Omicron variant, they have experienced at least one positive Covid test and aren't taking any chances of more.



No comments: