Thursday, December 09, 2021

Public Speaking

 I joined a Toastmistress club when I was 12 years old. They didn't allow women in ToastMasters then. I joined a Junior Auxilary because my 5th grade teacher was a member. That's me, second from the left.


Now I've been a member of the Fort Lauderdale, Earlybird Toastmasters for about 30 years. In case you don't know, Toastmasters is an International organization where people meet and practice public speaking. You'd think I'd know how by now!?! But, there's always improvement to be made with practice, and I so enjoy the camaraderie with my fellow members. We meet once each week. This week I gave, yet another "Icebreaker" speech. This is where you tell something about yourself in under 6 minutes. Since we're meeting on Zoom, the speeches are automatically recorded. You can watch me talk here

If you're interested in Toastmasters and need a club to join, come visit us! Leave a comment here and I'll send info.

No comments: