Friday, December 03, 2021

Yoga and Fasting

Today was a quiet day at home.

For 7 years now, Friday mornings have started with a meeting of 6 like-minded people who share technology news and tips. It was organized way-back-when by Martin Brossman and he sets the tone of fun and learning. We always have a couple of good laughs. We meet on Zoom, but Zoom didn't exist when we started - I think we used Hangouts. Learn by doing! Think of it as mental yoga!

Next on Friday comes a real Yoga class - also on Zoom. Well, some might not call it 'real' because it's chair yoga ... for us old folks! The teacher has taught Kundalini for many years though and you can tell. I feel great after that 45 minutes.

The rest of the day was what I call work. Sitting at the computer writing, researching, and website maintenance. We did take a break and took a walk around the circle.

Fasting Friday - well kinda. I think fasting is good for you. Giving your body a break from digesting. Reboot if you will. Sometimes both Jim and I easily fast, consuming nothing but water all day. Other times it's just impossible - I'm hungry! Last night we went to a party by our Dive Club - we had fun. We ate and drank, so fasting friday seemed like an especially good idea today. I got too hungry to fast 100%, but I drank a lot of water and only ate 1 apple, and a few bites of tuna. Hopefully the scales will notice tomorrow morning.




1 comment:

Susan said...

Interested in learning more about your chair yoga for seniors!