Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Another day at the computer The technology that allows us to live this way truly is amazing. Because of the Internet and 'remote control' software I am able to sit in my motorhome on the Bay in LBI New Jersey and work with a client in West Palm Beach Florida. I don't mean that I do some work and e-mail it to him. We virtually worked side-by-side this morning. Both of us operated his computer. I would do the Access work as he watched. I would instant-message him an explanation of what I was doing. He would then take over and try to use what I had just done. I could watch him and let him know exactly what to do. So cool. He reads this Blog too ... [Hi Gil!]. Y'know we could talk on the phone rather than using IM. But then we wouldn't have those cute smiley faces! Jim's been working on the 'Loft Project'. He has the floorboards all torn up now and the water is gone. But it's not going to do us much good to replace everything unless we find the @#$*@! leak. Jim started poking around outside and found that the clearance lights on the front of the coach were cracked and full of water. Maybe he found the culprit! I have also done some work on other parts of this weblog. Have you seen the "What is Wi-Fi" article? Or the map and index of Blog Highlights?

No comments: