Saturday, April 04, 2020

Day 16 #StayHome

Waking up to the sound of the coffee grinder. We get custom ground beans from Lazy Lyon coffee. That's Bob Lyon, Jimmy Lyon's brother. Jimmy is Jim's oldest dive buddy and lives in Long Beach Island new Jersey.
Because of  Lazy Lyon coffee, we've discovered our favorite is Guatemalan gold. Burundi is a close second. Bob is always experimenting with different beans and different roasting techniques. I've had a long history with coffee, 
  1. rejecting it altogether as a young adult, 
  2. needing it for law school studies
  3. using it as an excuse to load my cup with cream and sugar
  4. drinking it black as the only allowed treat during a weight loss diet
  5. adopting it as my daily routine - still drinking it black
  6. joining the hunt for the best gourmet coffee from Lazy Lyon
After waiting a sufficient amount of time for the coffee to brew, I rolled out of bed and made my way downstairs. I take my coffee to the computer, look at emails, browse the news etc. Jim and I discuss what we're going to talk about when we join Martin via Zoom at 11:30. I finish editing another article for the current Geeks on Tour newsletter.
Then comes time to get on our zoom call with Martin and we talked about the silver lining of this pandemic. I ended the meeting with advice that it was ok to sit it out. I quoted my Tao of Abundance book from the "Leisure" chapter. 

"Everyone knows how useful it is to be useful. No one seems to know how useful it is to be useless." Chuang Tzu

I summed it up saying you don't have to save the world, or use this time to be productive, it's OK to do nothing.

Turns out I'm really good at taking my own advice, I did nothing for the rest of the day! I watched 2 more episodes of Homeland, I read my book a little bit, I took a nap, then I watched a couple of Ted talks. That felt good. This one gave a lot of good detail on the Corona Virus in China
Jim cooked dinner and we emptied a couple bottles of wine. Then we took a walk around the neighborhood. Very few people out tonight, one wearing a face mask. Beautiful evening. 
The Frangipani is blooming


Bad news

USA CoronaVirus cases: 308,812  Deaths: 8,407

Good News:

It appears that the pandemic may be just about over in China - where it started. There are possibilities of a second wave, hopefully that won't happen.

   

No comments: