Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Day 38-39-40 Blogger and Starman

Sat 4-25
In the middle of the night, as my mind is hard at work thinking about how I want to teach Blogger on our YouTube show on Sunday, I thought it would be a nice touch to interview someone else who uses blogger for their life story. I thought we might invite someone to be our guest on Sunday's show, but we often have problems and I get a little scattered during live interviews. I know! I could interview someone over Zoom and record it - then we could edit it and just play the video on Sunday,. Yes! That's what I want. But ... I should have thought of that a while ago right? After all, today is Saturday. I decided to go for it anyway and I emailed Judy, whose recent blog post I had just read. She responded and said she was available today and would be happy to do it. Cool! I interviewed her on Saturday afternoon and gave the recording to Jim to edit. Doing creative work like this energizes me. I also made 4 new videos on using blogger, and I even did my exercises!

Sun 4-26
Show time.
Here's the link to Episode 190: What is a Blog and how does Blogger work?

Bad news

Sat 4-25
US Covid-19 cases 953,000 Deaths: 53,625
Sun 4-26
US Covid-19 cases 985,000 deaths: 55 383
Mon 4-27
??

Good News

If you missed the 60 minutes episode about how Ford and GM have stopped making cars and started making ventilators and other Covid-19 related equipment, you can see it here. What struck me the most during the episode were the people in tears because they were so happy for the opportunity to help. It is a feel-good story that reminds us how much we all want to be helpful.

It reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Starman, where Jeff Bridges says, "You want to know what I find beautiful about the human race? You are at your very best when things are worst"


No comments: