Thursday 4-23
7 am Toastmasters meeting using Zoom, gets the creative juices flowing early, but that doesn't mean it will continue. I tend to feel like I've accomplished enough when that meeting is over. I take my cup of coffee, sit on the couch and browse my old blog books. I love me old blog books. What is a blog book? It is a book made out of the posts of this blog. I've had one printed for every year we were on the road. This is inspiring me to make Blogging be our topic for this Sunday's YouTube show. Episode 190 of What Does This Button Do?
I did eventually get some work done. I found myself rifling through old Photo Backup CDs and found some photos I didn't have in Google Photos, so I uploaded them, and made a video about how to do that. See video here.
This was my week to contribute an article to the RV travel magazine, so I wrote about Blogging!
I'm not sure what Jim did all day. He has his office/man cave downstairs while mine is upstairs. I could hear him laughing several times, I also heard other people's voices - presumable coming from Zoom calls. He's a much more sociable creature than I am. He's also constantly learning new techniques for audio and video production. And, of course, he made us delicious meals for lunch and dinner. I live in the best restaurant in town.
It was another gorgeous day and we walked around our neighborhood circle after dinner.
Friday 4-24
We start the day with another Zoom meeting, but this one is at a more civilized hour - 8:30. This is our tech-sharing group, we always learn new things. Today we all jumped on a Facebook Messenger meeting to see what is changing. With the popularity of online meetings these days, lots of companies are trying to challenge Zoom's dominance. It worked pretty slick - and the article says you can even invite people who don't have a Facebook account now.
![]() |
| Facebook messenger has fun AR effects |
I had zero motivation for the rest of the day. I broke my record - watching 4 episodes of Homeland.
Bad news
Thur 4-23
Covid-19 US cases: 890,000 Deaths: 50,177
Fri 4-24
Covid-19 US cases: 923,000 Deaths: 52,234
Good News
I think it's really good news that I'm blogging again. I've never been an every day blogger, but I was pretty good at writing 2-3 times a week. For the last year or so, especially when we're home, it's been an effort to write once a month. During this #StayHome times, I feel the need to document our life again. I think it's kind of like the prisoner who needs to scratch on the wall to attest to the passage of time. fyi - this is my 1,934th post in this blog.






3 comments:
Very useful. Thanks!
It's nice that you are keeping us better informed during this stay at home period. Now you just have to keep it going even if it means shorter post.
We learned to Blog from you at Nick's Rally in Celine, Ohio in September 2011. By Blogging almost daily we tend not to forget what we did. It may not be as entertaining to readers but it is our Daily Ledger.
You also try the different social medias. Kathy does Facebook where people tend to distort what you do. I stick strictly to the Blog because I'm recording what we did. That takes up a lot of our time. Thanks to you we have posted over 3050 Blogs to date. That should put a smile on your faces.
Be Safe and Enjoy!
It's about time.
http://ricknkathyrousseau.blogspot.com/
Thanks for your comment Rick! 3050 blog posts! Wow, yes that puts a smile on my face.
Post a Comment