It feels wrong, but today was a great day. It started with a zoom meeting with a group of people with whom we've been meeting for many years. At the end of our hour I didn't want it to end, but I had to let them go.
Because my morning meeting group let me record them, I got what I needed to make the last video for my Zoom course. I published it and felt very accomplished. Then I answered a few emails and felt justified to take some time off, so I watched an episode of Homeland. Ok, maybe 2 episodes.
I looked outside and saw a very unusual sight. Jim doing gardening.
![]() |
| Jim vs Leaves - today Jim is winning |
He had an audience of one other besides me. Practicing social distancing, this cat took a seat in the balcony.
At 4pm I had signed up for a webinar by Elliott Masie. He's a special guy. I know him from 30 years ago when I was a speaker at his Computer Training and Support conference, and I've followed him every since. He is a major force in the Learning community, he also produces Broadway shows. During the Pandemic he is doing a Zoom-based webinar every Friday at 4pm called Empathy. He talks about how to stay positive in these times, the importance of learning and empathy, and he invites some of his Broadway performer friends to sing and dance. It is SO uplifting and inspiring, it brought tears to my eyes. Especially when a violinist played Somewhere over the Rainbow, which I just had to sing my heart out on. If you click the link for Elliott Masie, the video may be right on his home page. I know the first week's webinar is there now. Check it out.
A brilliant idea offered by Elliott was to hire performers to sing and dance on zoom meetings! You know there are lots of very talented folks out there and they are all out of work right now. Many of them are promoting that they will perform in your Zoom meeting!
I was able to caterwaul Somewhere over the Rainbow because Jim was outside. He was grilling salmon for our dinner. He says that he is so lucky because I let him cook for me?!? He likes to cook that much. It was especially good - I'm the lucky one. The salmon came from Tropical Acres where he went and picked up steaks the other day.
We used to go for walks in the morning, but that just isn't happening. By the time dinner is done, we're feeling the need for some exercise and the weather has cooperated beautifully. I think I like walking in the evening even better than morning.
All in all, days just don't get much better than this.
Bad News
501,821 US Covid-19 cases 18,695 deaths
Good News
We're getting to experience a slower world. Seismologists are thrilled at the opportunity they're getting to study earth movements without the rumble of traffic and other human activity. See this article.





No comments:
Post a Comment